The Affordable Care Act (ACA) protects the American public from not having access to medical coverage because of a pre-existing condition.
The Marketplace provides access to healthcare coverage and treatment for pre-existing conditions.
Health Insurance premiums are based on an individual’s income bracket and not their medical history, lifestyle, or demographics.
All ACA policies are mandated to provide Essential Health Benefits
- Pediatric Services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment
- Prescription Drugs
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Rehabilitative and habilitation services and devices
- Laboratory services
- Emergency services
- Ambulatory patient services, such as doctor visits